July 6, 2021
Analyst – Acquisitions
LEM Capital (“LEM”) is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to be an Analyst with the acquisitions team, with primary responsibilities related to underwriting investments for the firm’s managed private equity funds. This individual will have the opportunity to join a successful and growing organization where he/she will gain exposure to multifamily real estate transactions nationwide.
Duties will include working closely with the acquisitions team and joint venture partners to evaluate new investment opportunities including underwriting property cash flows, performing market and demographic research, performing on-site due diligence and comparable property analyses, and preparing and presenting internal presentations for the investment committee. Other responsibilities may include assisting with asset management, marketing and quarterly asset valuations.
Primary areas of focus include:
- • Investment underwriting, financial analysis, due diligence, market analysis, site inspections, reviewing third party due diligence reports and preparing and vetting renovation budgets and business plans.
- • Market, economic and demographic research to evaluate markets and the competitive set of properties for potential investments.
- • Preparation of verbal and written presentations to the investment committee.
- • Engaging with counterparts at operating partners to drive deal due diligence process.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in finance, real estate, accounting, or economics.
- • Ideal candidate will have 0 to 3 years of experience working with a real estate company, an equity fund or a financial services firm. Multifamily experience is preferred.
- • Undergraduate candidates with relevant intern experience will also be considered.
- • Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets.
- • Advanced Excel modeling capabilities and proficiency in Word and Powerpoint.
- • Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious, and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- • Ability to identify opportunities and risks that could adversely affect investments and recommend solutions.
- • Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- • Ability to grow within the role and take on increased responsibilities.
- • Position will require some travel and is based in Philadelphia.
Competitive base salary and annual bonus and long-term compensation based on individual and firm performance. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes Health and Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off benefits.
LEM Capital is a real estate private equity firm with an 19-year track record focused on protecting investors’ downside and building portfolios to help deliver dependable current cash flow and equity upside through all cycles.
Since 2002, LEM has raised over $1.3 billion in investor commitments and invested over $8.0 billion in real estate contributing to their expertise in structuring, execution and asset management. This includes acquiring over 23,000 value-add apartment units since 2011.
Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: ACQUISITIONS ANALYST
No phone calls please.