March 18, 2021
Analyst – Portfolio Management
LEM Capital (“LEM”) is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to become a member of the portfolio management team. The Analyst will play an integral role in monitoring and driving the performance of an active and expanding multifamily investment portfolio and will have the opportunity to join a successful and growing organization where he/she will gain broad exposure to value-add multifamily real estate transactions nationwide.
Duties will include working closely with the asset management, investor relations and acquisitions teams to monitor and evaluate trends and data to make informed recommendations on the strategy for the owned portfolio and for new acquisitions. The Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining fund models for multiple private equity real estate funds, managing portfolio data, undertaking other analyses and clearly communicating information and projections to internal and external constituents.
Primary areas of focus include:
- • Update, enhance, and maintain detailed fund models used for capturing historical asset and fund-level performance and projecting forward-looking fund performance.
- • Manage and leverage property and portfolio software tools and the data that feeds into them to prepare dashboards that can be used across multiple facets of the organization to make informed investment decisions.
- • Collaborate with Portfolio Management team and broader teams to identify new ways to utilize dashboards.
- • Coordinate data and information to assist Investor Relations in responding to various consultant questionnaires and investor requests.
- • Conduct research on existing markets in the portfolio as well as working with the Originations team to research and identify potential new target markets.
- • Continually improve financial models and processes to increase efficiencies and streamline the accessibility of portfolio information.
- • Preparation of white papers, thought leadership initiatives, and other marketing materials.
- • Provide analytical support to Asset Management to assist with strategic investment decisions within the portfolio, including refinancing and disposition analyses.
- • Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in finance, real estate, accounting or economics.
- • Ideal candidate will have 0 to 3 years of experience working with a real estate company, a private equity fund or a financial services firm.
- • Understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets.
- • Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- • Ability to identify opportunities and risks that could adversely affect the portfolio and recommend strategic solutions.
- • Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- • Strong Microsoft Excel modeling capabilities.
- • Ability to grow within the role and take on increased responsibilities.
- • Position may require some travel and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Competitive base salary and annual bonus and long-term compensation based on individual and firm performance. We also offer an attractive benefits package such as Health and Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off benefits.
LEM Capital is a real estate private equity firm made up of multifamily experts who acquire well-located apartment properties where they can add value and increase rents through physical upgrades and improving property management. LEM’s approach is to combine the local, long-term market knowledge and day-to-day management of its nationwide network of operating partners with LEM’s disciplined investment selection, rigorous due diligence process and intensive asset management oversight. Our goal is to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns to our investors while safeguarding their capital. Since 2002, LEM has raised over $1.3 billion in investor commitments and invested in almost 23,000 value-add apartment units since 2011.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com Subject line: ANALYST PORTFOLIO MANAGMENT
No phone calls please.